in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Psychological Assessment in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Dr. Cynthia Edwards-Hawver and Associates is now offering psychological testing in the Scranton, Pa area.
We offer the following types of psychological evaluations:
Child and Adolescent testing for ADHD, Behavioral Issues, Cognitive Assessment, Learning Disabilities, Personality Testing, PTSD, and trauma
Adult Testing for ADHD, Act 120 Evaluations, and Act 235 Evaluations
We DO NOT offer testing for:
- Neuropsychological issues
- Disability Evaluations
- Child Custody Evaluations
What To Expect From a Psychological Assessment Evaluation
- Record Review from pediatricians, school, and other background information
- Clinical Interview with Child, Adolescent, or Adult
- Clinical Interview with Parent(s) if under 18 years of age
- Emotional Assessment (Could Include Personality Assessment)
- Behavioral Assessment (for children)
- Cognitive Testing
- Achievement Testing
- ADHD Testing (TOVA and the ADHDT-2) if being evaluated for ADHD
- Feedback Session
- Psychological Report that will include Summary of all testing, diagnoses, and recommendations
*Please note that the assessment is usually spread out over a few sessions when evaluating a child. Adults usually require two sessions one for testing and one for feedback and to go over your report.
We do accept insurance for psychological assessment. If you are using insurance, you will be required to get a pre-authorization prior to your first appointment to see what coverage you have for psychological assessment. We accept most major insurances including Medicaid and Medicare.
You will also be required to have a credit card on file for all testing. Your card will only be charged for any portion of your evaluation that is not covered by your insurance. We will let you know this in advance. We cannot release the psychological report to you until the assessment is paid for.
The cost for psychological assessment is $200 per hour. Depending on what type of testing you are having completed, the total cost of an evaluation can range from $500 to $2000.
Act 120 and Act 235 Evaluations are $500 and they are not covered by insurance.
If you live in the Scranton, Pa area and are interested in having tested completed for yourself or your child, please contact our office to schedule an appointment. We will do our best to get you in as soon as possible but often times there may be a waiting period and we will be happy to put you on our wait list.